Home | Classification | Handbook | Forms | Member Schools | Calendar | Feedback | Sports | Schedules
BOARD OF CONTROL AGENDA
June 12-14, 2012
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
- Drawing for Regional and State Volleyball Tournaments
- Financial Report of the 2012 Basketball Tournament Series
- Financial Report of the 2012 Wrestling Tournament Series
- Report of the 2012 Athletic Directors Conference
- Report of the 2012 Cheer Coaches Conference
- Report of the District and Regional Coordinators
- Sportsmanship – Review of the 2011-12 School Year
This completes the 21st year of the sportsmanship program and we continue to approach this area from many different aspects each year. A full report is always given to the Board of Control by the staff in regard to the number of coaches ejected, disciplinary action, unsportsmanlike incidents investigated, etc. This allows us to review our approach to this very critical area in all of our sports.
In addition, we will review the 17th year of the A. F. Bridges Program. We will also review the TOPS Program, which is in its 15th year, and the individual sportsmanship recipient program.
- Report of the Finance Committee
- Division II Need-Based Financial Report Final Report
- Administrators' Meetings Schedule
- Regional Basketball Sites
- Division I and Division II 2012 State Basketball Tournament Allotments
- TSSAA Network Update
- Technology Update
- Sports Medicine Advisory Committee Update
- TACA Cards
The Board of Control will decide on the classification plan for 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, and 2016-17. This will include the number of classes we will have in each sport in Division I and Division II. The Board must also make a decision on whether or not to use a multiplier for Division I independent schools.
- Taft Youth Center Football (2012-13)
A memo which was sent to schools that had scheduled Taft Youth Center during the 2012-13 school year is provided. Taft will not field a football team during the 2012-13 season and may not reopen.
- NFHS Summer Meeting at Gaylord Opryland Hotel
An update will be provided to the Board regarding the Summer Meeting and what is expected of the host state.
- Riverside Christian Academy Football (2012-13)
A memo which was sent to schools that had scheduled Riverside Christian Academy during the 2012-13 school year is provided. Riverside Christian Academy will not field a football team during the 2012-13 school year.
- First Baptist Academy Requests TSSAA Membership
First Baptist Academy in Powell, Tennessee is requesting TSSAA membership beginning with the 2012-13 school year. First Baptist Academy is a category 2 school approved by the State Department of Education and accredited with AdvancEd (formerly known as SACS). If approved they are requesting to compete in Division II, Class A. Their anticipated enrollment will be between 40-45 students in grades 8-11. Plans are to add 12th grade in the fall of 2013.
- Soulsville Charter School Requests TSSAA Membership
Soulsville Charter School in Memphis is requesting TSSAA membership beginning with the 2012-13 school year. Soulsville Charter School is an accredited school under the jurisdiction of the Memphis City School System. They have an enrollment of 240 students in grades 9-12. If approved, they plan to participate in cross country, volleyball, and basketball. They will be placed in Class A, District 16 in volleyball and basketball and in Class A-AA, District 16 in cross country.
- Huddle, Inc.
An update will be provided regarding discussions with Huddle, Inc. to become the official ticket provider of TSSAA.
- TMSAA Member School Officials' Associations
- Proposal from Red Bank High School in A-AA Track and Field
Red Bank High School is proposing to increase the A-AA State qualifiers in track and field to 16.
- Proposal for Change in the Traditional State Wrestling Tournament
East Literature Magnet High School is proposing a change in the traditional State Wrestling Tournament into a AAA and A/AA format.
- Division I Basketball Sectional Financial Report
- Litigation Report