Home | Classification | Handbook | Forms | Member Schools | Calendar | Feedback | Sports | Schedules
GUIDELINES FOR GAME DIRECTORS AND TEAMS ENTERING THE DIVISION I SECTIONALS
- In the sectionals, the umpires shall receive $60. Three person crews will be assigned. Mileage will be paid at 15¢ per mile round trip per umpire.
- Tickets and Passes:
- All tickets are $7 each and everyone must have a ticket.
- Game Directors shall furnish the tickets for the sectionals.
- Admit working press and radio.
- The 2012-13 Championship Event Card will provide complimentary admittance for the Sectional Games. Each member school received two event cards. This card admits ONLY ONE PERSON PER CARD. The Tennessee Athletic Coaches Association (TACA) card will also provide complimentary admittance for the Sectional Games. The TACA card admits ONLY ONE PERSON PER CARD.
- Arrange for scorekeeper, ball boys, ticket sellers and takers.
- Make arrangements for concessions. Profits from the concessions will go to the host school or to those appointed by the host school to handle them.
- Purchase baseballs. The cost of these balls shall be part of the game expenses. The unused balls should be divided between the participating teams after the game is completed.
- Financial Report:
- Please make a copy of the financial report form for the Game Directors for sectionals. The Game Director will issue checks for all expenses.
- After game expenses have been paid in the sectional game, the remaining receipts shall be divided with 1/3 going to each participating team and 1/3 to TSSAA.
- In sectional games the umpires and administrative cost shall be paid first. If receipts are not sufficient to pay the umpires and games expenses, the host team and TSSAA shall share these costs, and no team expenses shall be allowed.
- Team expenses for sectional games are outlined below:
Teams within the county where a game is being played shall receive no expense allowance. Visiting teams shall have a mileage allowance of 40 ¢ per mile round trip. Teams within 150 miles of the game site will receive mileage and $4 per person for food for a maximum of 18 people. Teams over 150 miles from the game site and who spend the night will receive mileage, $6 per person for food for a maximum of 18 people and $5 per person for lodging for a maximum of 18 people for one night.
- Necessary local expenses will be paid from the gate receipts. Other expenses such as officials, stadium costs, etc., shall be determined by the local game director and TSSAA.
- All checks for district, regional, and sectional tournaments and playoffs must be distributed within 10 business days of the completion of the tournament or game. Failure to do so will result in a $100.00 late fee to be paid to TSSAA and is to be used in the A.F. Bridges sportsmanship program to go to schools or students receiving awards. Failure to distribute funds within 20 business days will result in an additional $200 late fee (total $300.00). Failure to distribute funds within 40 business days will result in an additional $200.00 late fee (total $500.00). The school may not host any tournament or playoff until the principal or athletic director appears before the Board of Control to explain their reasons for not distributing the checks within the required time frame. The Board would then determine whether the school can host tournaments or playoffs in the future.
It is important that the coach of the team winning the Sectional game contact the TSSAA Office immediately following the game to report the score and the winner of the game using one of the following options:
Voice Mail: (877) 395-5091 (Please be sure to select Baseball when reporting your information and include your Class, Game Winner & Score.)
Text Message: (707) 200-4073 (Please be sure to include Baseball along with your Class, Game Winner & Score in your text message. Example: BB A Winner Score.)
Fax: (615) 889-0544