Home | Classification | Handbook | Forms | Member Schools | Calendar | Feedback | Sports | Schedules
GUIDELINES FOR GAME DIRECTORS AND TEAMS ENTERING THE DIVISION II CLASS A REGIONAL BASEBALL TOURNAMENT
- Regional baseball tournaments must be completed by May 10. The top four teams from the East/Middle Region and the top four teams from the West Region shall advance to the sub-state. The sub-state is a best-of-three series with two games to be played on Friday, May 17, 2013, and the if necessary game to be played on Saturday, May 18, 2013. The sub-state winners will advance to the central tournament site May 21-24. The bracket shall be set by the Executive Director upon completion of the sub-state series.
- Please refer to the "Senior High Baseball Tournament Regulations" in your TSSAA Handbook. A copy of the state tournament bracket can be found here.
- In the regional tournament and championship series, the umpires shall be assigned by the state office.
- If the established starting time of a region contest between two schools conflicts with the previously scheduled Commencement Exercises of one of the schools, and that school has Senior roster player(s), then at the request of the affected school, the contest will be rescheduled for a mutually agreed upon time and site that falls within the playoff timeline established by the TSSAA. In the event the two schools do not agree on a rescheduled time and site, the TSSAA Office will deisgnate a starting game time and site.
- Players in uniform, coaches, and bat boys are admitted free.
- Coaches should have their line-up written out and ready to give to the scorekeeper and the umpire when going over the ground rules.
- TSSAA must now receive 18% of the gross gate receipts in the region baseball tournaments. This must be submitted to the TSSAA office immediately following the tournaments. After TSSAA's 18%, game expenses, and team mileage have been paid in both the semi-final and final game of the region, the net receipts shall be divided between the two participating teams. Teams within the county where the game is being played shall receive no expense allowance. Teams traveling from outside the county to the game site shall receive 40¢ per mile round trip.
All checks for district, regional, and sectional tournaments and playoffs must be distributed within 10 business days of the completion of the tournament or game. Failure to do so will result in a $100.00 late fee to be paid to TSSAA and is to be used in the A.F. Bridges sportsmanship program to go to schools or students receiving awards. Failure to distribute funds within 20 business days will result in an additional $200 late fee (total $300.00). Failure to distribute funds within 40 business days will result in an additional $200.00 late fee (total $500.00). The school may not host any tournament or playoff until the principal or athletic director appears before the Board of Control to explain their reasons for not distributing the checks within the required time frame. The Board would then determine whether the school can host tournaments or playoffs in the future.
- The Region awards can be obtained from the Region Coordinator in your area.
- Video taping or filming is permitted as long as the taping or filming is for private use or use by the two schools involved and not for public or commercial use. Video taping or filming must be done from the individual's seat. Individuals will not be allowed to use tripods. A school taping or filming its own game may use a tripod. A school will not be allowed to tape or film a game unless its team is involved in the game. All taping or filming by a school may be approved by the local Game Director, and the Game Director shall assign space, when available, from which to tape or film.
Any media entity or school wishing to videostream or tape delay any part of the region tournament must get permission from the tournament director. If such permission is granted, a minimum fee of $250 (tape delay) or $500 (live telecast/videostream) is required. The fee will be paid to the game director and shall be included as part of the gate receipts.
- Games throughout the tournament series are scheduled to be completed by certain dates. It is imperative that we keep the tournaments on schedule. With a compact tournament schedule this spring, this responsibility is very critical.
Suspended games during the tournament are to be picked up from the point of suspension, at the next opportunity to play, unless we have completed 4½ innings with the home team leading. Tournament games do not have to go the full 7 innings. The 10 run rule is mandatory.
- The principal of the host school shall be the Game Director. If additional facilities are secured other than those of the host team, the Game Director must be approved by the TSSAA state office. It shall be the duty of the Game Director to handle all financial arrangements for the game and to make financial reports to the participating teams.
- In the regional games, the umpires shall receive $55 per game. Umpires shall receive 15¢ per mile round trip per umpire when they travel outside the county in which they reside. There will be 3 person crews assigned.
- Tickets and Passes:
- All tickets are $5 each and everyone must have a ticket.
- Regional directors shall furnish tickets for the regional play-off.
- Admit players in uniform from each participating team, plus coaches and bat boys.
- Admit working press and radio.
- Arrange for scorekeeper, ball boys, ticket sellers and takers.
- Make arrangements for concessions. Profits from the concessions will go to the host school or to those appointed by the host school to handle them.
- Purchase baseballs. The cost of these balls shall be part of the game expenses. The unused balls should be divided between the participating teams after the game is completed.
It is important that each regional tournament director contact the TSSAA Office immediately following the tournament to report the scores and names of the teams that will be advancing to the sub-state using one of the following options:
Voice Mail: (877) 395-5091 (Please be sure to select Baseball when reporting your information and include your Division, Class, Region, Region Champion, Region Runner-Up, Region Third Place, and Region Fourth Place)
Text Message: (707) 200-4073 (Please be sure to include Baseball along with your Division, Class, Region, Region Champion, Region Runner-Up, Region Third Place, and Region Fourth Place in your text message. Example: BB DII A E/M 1 - Team; 2 - Team; 3 - Team; 4 - Team.)
Fax: (615) 889-0544