Home | Classification | Handbook | Forms | Member Schools | Calendar | Feedback | Sports | Schedules
GUIDELINES FOR GAME DIRECTORS AND TEAMS ENTERING THE DIVISION II CLASS A SOFTBALL SUB-STATE SERIES
Site 1: #4 West @ #1 East/MiddleThe Executive Director has the authority to select another site if the host's facilities are not adequate to host the series. The host school should contact the visiting team as soon as possible concerning the site and time of the sub-state series.
Site 2: #3 East/Middle @ #2 West
Site 3: #3 West @ #2 East/Middle
Site 4: #4 East/Middle @ #1 West
- In sub-state softball games, the fee for a two person crew shall be $60 per game. The fee for a three person crew shall be $55 per game. In either case, umpires shall receive 15 cents per mile, round trip when an umpire travels outside the county in which they live.
- Tickets and Passes:
- At the sub-state series, admission will be charged. All tickets are $7 and everyone must have a ticket.
- Game directors shall furnish tickets for the sub-state series.
- Admit 18 players from each participating team, plus coaches and bat girls.
- Admit working press and radio.
- The 2012-13 TSSAA Championship Event Card will provide complimentary admittance for the Sub-State Games. Each member school received two cards at the beginning of the school year. This card admits ONLY ONE PERSON PER CARD. The Tennessee Athletic Coaches Association (TACA) card will also provide complimentary admittance for the Sub-State Games. The TACA card admits ONLY ONE PERSON PER CARD.
- Arrange for scorer, ball girls, ticket sellers and takers.
- Make arrangements for concessions. Profits from the concessions will go to the host school or to those appointed by the host school to handle them.
- Purchase softballs. The cost of these balls shall be part of the game expenses. The unused balls should be divided between the participating teams after the game is completed. The Wilson A9011 (NFHS Polycore) will be used in the state tournament.
- Financial Report:
- A financial report form is enclosed for the Game Directors that host the sub-state series. The Game Director will issue checks for all expenses.
- After game expenses have been paid in the sub-state series, the remaining receipts shall be divided with 1/3 going to each participating team and 1/3 to TSSAA.
- In the sub-state series, the umpires and administrative cost shall be paid first. If receipts are not sufficient to pay the umpires and game expenses, the host team and TSSAA shall share these costs, and no team expenses shall be allowed.
- Team expenses for the sub-state series are outlined below:
Teams within the county where the game is being played shall receive no expense allowance. Visiting teams shall have a mileage allowance of 40 cents per mile round trip. Teams within 150 miles of game site will receive mileage and $4 per person for food for a maximum of 18 people. Teams over 150 miles from game site and who spend the night will receive mileage, $6 per person for food for a maximum of 18 people and $5 per person for lodging for a maximum of 18 people for one night.
- Necessary local expenses will be paid from gate receipts. Other expenses such as officials, stadium costs, etc., shall be determined by the local game director and TSSAA.
- All checks for district, regional and sectional tournaments and playoffs must be distributed within 10 business days of the completion of the tournament or game. Failure to do so will result in a $100 late fee to be paid to TSSAA and is to be used in the A.F. Bridges sportsmanship program to go to schools or students receiving awards. Failure to distribute funds within 20 business days will result in an additional $200 late fee (total $300). Failure to distribute funds within 40 business days will result in an additional $200 late fee (total $500). The school may not host any tournament or playoff until the principal or athletic director appears before the Board of Control to explain their reasons for not distributing the checks within the required time frame. The Board would then determine whether the school can host tournaments or playoffs in the future.
It is important that the coach of the team winning the sub-state series contact the TSSAA Office immediately following the series to report the scores and the winner of the series using one of the following options:
Voice Mail: (877) 395-5091 (Please be sure to select Softball when reporting your information and include your Division, Class, Winner, & Scores)
Text Message: (707) 200-4073 (Please be sure to include Softball along with your Division, Class, Winner, & Scores in your text message. Example: SB DII A E/M Winner; Scores.)
Fax: (615) 889-0544