Home | Classification | Handbook | Forms | Member Schools | Calendar | Feedback | Sports | Schedules
IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING TRAVEL TO MEMPHIS FOR SPRING FLING
Check more road construction at Tenn. Road Construction
I-40 Road Construction
* On I-40 at the Arkansas state line on the Hernando Desoto Bridge over the Mississippi River, motorists should be alert to bridge construction.
* On I-40 at mile marker 1 and I-240 at mile marker 31 at the Midtown interchange in downtown Memphis, from Madison Avenue (mm-30) to Chelsea Avenue (mm-2), the interstate is reduced to two lanes in each direction. On Tuesday, May 18, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., I-40 east will be reduced to one lane.
* On I-40 in Madison County from east of Jackson, mm-86, to the Henderson County line, mm96, a resurfacing project will cause lane closures in each direction daily. There will be delays, particularly during afternoon hours.
* On I-40 in Williamson And Cheatham Counties between mile marker 182, SR-96 and mile marker 192, McCrory Lane, there are lane closures weekdays only for resurfacing beginning after 9 a.m. eastbound and wrapping up by 3 p.m. westbound. Delays are reported, particularly during afternoon hours. Motorists should consider alternates including US-70 and SR-100.
* On I-40 in Nashville at White Bridge Road, mm-204, on Saturday and Sunday, May 22 and 23, from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., I-40 eastbound will be reduced from three lanes to two lanes to set beams. There may be slight delays.
* On I-40 between Donelson Pike, mm-216, and the I-24 split, mm-213, overnight on Thursday, May 20, from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Friday, I-40 will be reduced from three lanes to one lane in each direction at Briley Parkway, mm-215, for emergency bridge repairs. Motorists should use alternate routes. On Friday, May 21, at noon and 1 p.m., traffic will be paced for 15 minutes in both directions for blasting at Briley Parkway. Overnight Friday, from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Saturday, May 22, I-40 west will be reduced from four lanes to two lanes between Donelson Pike and Briley Parkway for a traffic shift. On Saturday, May 22, from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m., I-40 EASTBOUND WILL BE CLOSED TO TRAFFIC AT THE I-24 SPLIT for blasting and clean-up. Detours will be posted, but motorists are encouraged to avoid this area entirely. From Monday, May 24 through Friday, May 28, at noon and 1 p.m. each day, traffic will be paced for about 15 minutes in each direction for blasting. Motorists bound for Nashville International Airport should use alternate routes including Lebanon Road (US-70), Harding Place (SR-255) or Murfreesboro Road (US-70S/US-41).
* On I-40 in Wilson County between Mt. Juliet Road, SR-171, mm-226 and SR-840, mm-235, overnight on weekdays, from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m., I-40 east and west will be reduced to one lane in each direction for resurfacing. Motorists may encounter delays in the early evening hours.
* On I-40 in Putnam County between mm-281 east of Baxter and mm-291 east of Cookeville, a resurfacing project will cause delays from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Motorists can use US-70N as an alternate.
* On I-40 in Knoxville between Winston Road (mm-380) and Papermill Road (mm-383), overnight Thursday, May 20, from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. Friday, there will be periodic rolling roadblocks for removal of bridge beams.
* On I-40 in Knoxville at mile marker 385, the I-640/I-75 split, on Thursday, May 20, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Friday, I-40 east will be reduced from three lanes to two lanes for bridge demolition. Overnight Friday, May 21, from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Saturday, I-40 east will be reduced from three lanes to one lane for bridge demolition. On Saturday, May 22, during daylight hours, I-40 east will be reduced from three lanes to two lanes. From 8 a.m. Saturday, May 22 to 5 p.m. Sunday, May 23, there will be periodic rolling roadblocks westbound. The ramp from I-40 east to I-640 east/I-75 north, is reduced to one lane. Overnight Sunday, the ramp will be closed periodically for 10 minute intervals, for bridge demolition.
* On I-40 in Knoxville between I-275, mm-387 and Broadway, mm-389, overnight from Monday, May 24 through Wednesday, May 26, between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m., there will be lane closures for paving. Motorists may encounter delays, particularly during early evening hours.
* On I-40 in Knoxville at the Holston River Bridge, mile marker 395, from Monday, May 24 through Wednesday, May 26, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., there will be occasional closures for bridge work. On Thursday, May 27, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., I-40 will be reduced from three lanes to two lanes.